Course materials are available at the bottom of the page and on our SwitchTube channel.
Live-online PsPM course spring 2020
Because of course cancellations during the COVID-19 pandemic, we offer a live-online PsPM course and tutorial between 6 April and 14 May 2020. Each course day contains a 1-h lecture on a given topic, and a 1-h pop-in tutorial on a related or different topics. Lectures and tutorials can be attended individually or in succession. Participants are invited to bring their questions and data to the tutorials.
In the following course program, clickable links to each course day will appear after the previous course day ended. Details on how to participate, and suggested preparation, are found at the end of the program.
Monday 6 April 2020
14.00 UTC (other timezones) Starter tutorial: opening Matlab & PsPM, PsPM GUI, data import, Troubleshooting (Filip Melinscak)
Thursday 9 April 2020
Thursday 16 April 2020
Thursday 23 April 2020
Thursday 30 April 2020
14.00 UTC (other timezones) Tutorial: workflow automation 1 – looping over batch jobs and matlab coding (Filip Melinscak)
Thursday 7 May 2020
Thursday 14 May 2020
All sessions take place via zoom. Attendees may need to download and install the Zoom software in advance of joining the meeting: https://zoom.us
The Zoom channel will be available for people to join 15 minutes before each meeting. To maintain bandwidth and avoid problems with audio, please could attendees ensure their video is switched off after joining the meeting, and that their microphone is muted when they are not speaking. In the Q&A, please use the “raise hand” functionality in Zoom to let the chair know you have a question (see here for demonstration).
For the tutorials, we suggest that participants install Matlab and PsPM on their computers, download the provided data sets, and try to replicate the instructors’ demonstrations. Useful links:
- Download latest PsPM version
- Download GLM dataset
- Download non-linear model dataset
- PsPM overview paper (open version)
Upcoming PsPM courses
The following courses were cancelled by the organisers due to COVID-19 pandemic:
Past PsPM courses
- 13. November 2019: Universität Göttingen
- 2 July 2019: Aegina Summer School on Social Cognition 2019
- 5-6 June 2019: Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences Leipzig
- 29-30 May 2018: Pre-conference workshop, Psychology & Brain, Gießen
Course slides & webcasts
All course webcasts are hosted on our SwitchTube channel.
- 01 PsPM Overview: Slides (Dominik R. Bach)
- 02 LTI & GLM: Slides (Dominik R. Bach)
- 03 SCR models: Slides (Dominik R. Bach)
- 04 Pupil size models: Slides (Christoph W. Korn)
- 05 Heart period models: Slides (Philipp C. Paulus)
- 06 Respiration & startle eye blink models: Slides (Dominik R. Bach)
- 07 Measuring fear conditioning with PsPM: Slides
- Tutorial 2: GLM (Dominik R Bach)
- Tutorial 3: non-linear SCR model and artefact control (Dominik R Bach)
- Tutorial 4: pupil size analysis (Christoph W Korn)